Update Thursday 1st April 2021 at 10:00
LCIAD activity during nationwide lockdown.
More than a year has passed since LCIAD closed its doors on 24th March 2020 at the start of the first COVID lockdown and started on what has turned out to be a uniquely difficult time for much of the world. We re-opened on 15th June 2020 with new measures to keep our patients, staff and colleagues safe. Our standard operating procedure below has meant we have been able to provide vital dental care since then and maintenance without any complications.
We would like to sincerely thank all of our wonderful patients for their humbling support, good humour, compliance with our new protocols and unstinting trust during this protracted period of unknowns.
This period has seen staff at LCIAD PCR tested multiple times voluntarily to document our COVID status and the team have now received their second Pfizer vaccine today after their first dose in the last week of January 2021. We have had no positive tests at the practice since October 2020 and zero transmission. We thank all of our patients for adopting our vital Medical and Dental Questionnaire (MDQ) updates at each visit and all staff and visitors on their daily risk assessment form completions.
As Easter, end of lockdown, summer and the promise of extensive immunization in the UK appear on the horizon, we would like to welcome our patients back and hope that the coming months continue the downward trend of COVID infections in the UK and abroad.
It remains of paramount importance for us to ensure our patients, their families and our team remain safe during these challenging times. Since re-opening LCIAD after the initial lockdown on 15th June 2020, we have been able to look after our patients’ dental needs under our Standard Operating Procedures. The system changes adopted at the practice have worked very well and are now second nature. I would like to thank all of our patients and my team for their stoic and good natured compliance with all the measures listed below that we have adopted to keep everyone attending LCIAD safe.
- Comprehensive COVID training for our team which is regularly implemented and reviewed.
- Procurement of enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) from multiple sources to ensure continuity.
- All patients and visitors in a professional capacity to the practice undergo COVID risk assessment prior to visiting.
- All staff complete daily documented self assessment forms and are equipped with PCR tests at home in case of overnight symptoms whereupon they do not attend the clinic.
- Temperature checks upon entry for our patients, team and visitors.
- Social distancing measures – including staggered scheduling of patients so that you are not in contact with other patients that attend the practice. We also have the advantage that the practice does not share our entrance with any other business.
- Protective personal equipment for patients as well as staff and hand sanitisation stations provided at the practice entrance and around the premises.
- Anti-viral iodine solution mouthwash rinses before your appointment.
- Deep cleaning of the surgeries after each visit.
- Regular cleaning of our communal areas.
- Fallow times after each appointment (the time allowed to let any aerosol particles settle after which safe disinfection can be carried out).
- High volume suction as routine which reduces aerosol by over 90%.
- Air exchanges of all surgeries, reception and sterilisation rooms with scientifically tested and verified Woodpecker Q7 viricidal air filtration units.
- Regular hypochlorous acid fogging of all rooms in the practice.
Latest Government figures for COVID 19 infection in Marylebone and Westminster are available here.
It is gratifying to see a rapid drop in the numbers of positive tests and the incidence of COVID in the Marylebone and Westminster area together with the vaccination programme rollout. However, we will continue to keep a close eye on the figures and advise if we feel that travel into London should be delayed for some of our vulnerable patients.
We thank all of our patients for your continued trust and custom during this unpredictable time. All the team at LCIAD are proud to look after you to the highest standards we can achieve in London and look forward to welcoming you in 2021.
* Our colleagues from Italy (Dr Milvia di Gioia and Dr Isabella Rocchietta) and France (Dr Gregoire Audi) have altered their diaries to conform with current quarantine laws and patients should contact the practice on 020 7323 3041 or email to inquire as to availability and timings of appointments at LCIAD.
Please see our Standard Operating Procedures document via the link below. It contains detailed information on how LCIAD has functioned and will continue to function for the foreseeable future. Please take time to read this for important information relevant to your future care at LCIAD. All patients should read sections 5-7 prior to attending for their appointment.
WE CAN ARRANGE TESTING FOR ANTI-CoV-2 ANTIBODY or PCR TESTING FROM THE PRACTICE FOR ALL PATIENTS WHO WISH TO LEARN THEIR CURRENT STATUS AT A COST OF £120PP. PLEASE JUST ASK WHEN BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT
With very best wishes for a safe and healthy remainder to 2021, with a gradual return to normality, on behalf of the whole team at LCIAD.
Dr Koray Feran BDS MSc FDSRCS
Clinical Director LCIAD